6 round Swiss level play. 90 minutes time limit with 20 moves in 5 minutes overtime.
First stage of British Championship - for qualifiers based on post-tournament ratings
Part of the British Championship, held to select most of the players who will compete in the Challenger’s League.
In order to play, players must be British (or long-term residents), active in tournaments and of a certain level. In the past shodan and kyu players had to earn places at tournaments, but now
players are selected by rating (all British players who are members of the Association with rating above 1899 from a tournament in the year from April one year to March the next).
You may be sent an email invitation. Qualifiers are listed here.
Past Winners and Results:
- 2015 Andrew Simons
- 2014 Bei Ge
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Andrew Kay
- 2010 Vanessa Wong
- 2008, 2009 Matthew Cocke
- 2007 Matthew Macfadyen
- 2006 Bei Ge
- 2005 Jon Diamond / Kiyohiko Tanaka
- 2004 Piers Shepperson
- 2003 Quentin Mills
- 2002 Seong-June Kim
- 2001 T Mark Hall
- 2000 Young Kim
- 1999 Toby Manning / John Rickard
- 1998 Martin Smith / Jim Clare
- 1997 Des Cann
- 1996 T Mark Hall
- 1995 Des Cann
- 1994 Matthew Cocke
- 1993 Shutai Zhang
- 1992 T Mark Hall
- 1991 Edmund Shaw
- 1990 Harold Lee
- 1989 Neil Symes / John Smith / Adam Pirani
- 1988 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1987 Edmund Shaw / Brian Chandler / Alistair Thmpson
- 1986 Edmund Shaw / Francis Roads / T Mark Hall
- 1985 Jon Diamond
- 1984 John Smith / Richard Granville
- 1983 John Rickard / Richard Granville
- 1979-1982 Incorporated in the Challenger's League
- 1978 David Mitchell
Last updated Mon Jun 22 2015. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.