The old handbook is available in the following forms:
- HTML, for browsing online
Major changes in this new version:
- Rewrote introduction to reflect current BGA activities (largely
taken from the website).
- Revised publicity chapter to consider internet publicity, and to
include more details on holding open evenings.
- New section on teaching the rules changed.
- More teaching exercises in Chapter 6.
- Chapters 7 and 8, Planning and Running a Tournament, completely
updated and expanded to reflect current practice and recent experience.
- New chapter (10) on good practice for producing the draw with a
computer (by Geoff Kaniuk).
- Generally pulling bits of useful information from various bits of the
BGA web site and adding it to appropriate places.
Please let me know of any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, or anything
missing in this handbook. Further contributions are always welcome,
particularly regarding successful ideas for recruitment, or new
teaching events for clubs. As this is a web site and not a printed
document, there is no reason why it should not be constantly updated
to reflect current practice.
Last updated Fri Apr 19 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.