The latest version of the handbook is now available.
A new section on Running Go Demonstations was added September 2013.
Please let us know of any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, or anything
missing in this handbook. Further contributions are always welcome,
particularly regarding successful ideas for recruitment, or new
teaching events for clubs. The handbook is constantly updated to
reflect current practice.
Comments, contributions and suggestions should be sent to Nick Wedd,
handbook at britgo.org.
The previous obsolete version is available in the following forms:
- HTML (obsolete) for browsing online
- PDF (obsolete) for downloading and printing.
Major changes in this revised version:
- Rewrote introduction to reflect current BGA activities (largely
taken from the website).
- Revised publicity chapter to consider internet publicity, and to
include more details on holding open evenings.
- Completely revised section on teaching the rules.
- More teaching exercises in Chapter 6.
- Chapters 7 and 8, Planning and Running a Tournament, completely
updated and expanded to reflect current practice and recent experience.
- New chapter (10) on good practice for producing the draw with a
computer (by Geoff Kaniuk).
- Generally pulling bits of useful information from various bits of the
BGA web site and adding it to appropriate places.
Last updated Wed Oct 16 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.