Journal No. 67. April 1986. Page 7.
British Championship - Game 3
Game 2 is on page 6 .
Black: Matthew Macfadyen, 6d
White: Terry Stacey, 5d
The game-file in SGF format.
All comments by Stacey.
- Black 19, 21: Allegedly once played by Hashimoto Shoji 9p.
- White 34 - Black 41: Bad for White as the result is worse than
- White 124' at 125 looks more interesting.
- White 134: Bad because of 135.
- Black 185' should be at 189. Black had failed to notice 188.
- White 188 deprives the black group of two eyes and gives White the
Figure 3 (201-289) |
204 ko at white , 232 ko at , 234 fills at 227, 243 ko at black , 246 ko at 240, 249 at black , 252 at 240, 254
fills at black , 268 at , 277 at .
BGJ had no 263 and two 261s.
- White 202: Better at 203.
- White 208: 211 seems big. The game is now very close but Black
later lost some points in the lower left corner.
White won by 3½ points.
Game 4 is on page
This article is from the
British Go Journal
which is one of a series of back issues now available on the web.
Last updated Fri Jan 04 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.