If you'd like to Help us promote Go then see our Help the BGA Page.
If you need some information then you can use our Contact Page to find out suitable contact names, phone numbers and email addresses. However, there are several ways of finding the information you need that we'd like you to try before contacting someone directly. The main ones are:
- The most frequent items you need are probably options at the top of the page - click on them
They're available on all except a very few pages
- Use the Menu on the left if you're confident you know the section it might be in
A right-facing triangle shows that there's another level of menu when you click on this.
A circle means that this is the bottom level.
A down-facing triangle indicates the menu hierarchy you're in.
- Enter some likely terms into the Search box on the top right
This will take you to a page of entries which then has some advanced search options which include restricting searches to various news categories and page types.
- Use Google to search: specify site:britgo.org and add the search terms
This will produce slightly different results to the above as a) it's slightly out of date, but b) indexes the PDF files we have and c) orders them differently.
- Use our Site Index
The BGA website index is not just a collection of links (often called an ‘index’) to sites other than the BGA's. It is a proper, human-generated index of all the material on the site. Its entries and subentries lead to specific information (no mere passing mentions) within the BGA website. It is maintained by Jochen Fassbender. More detail on the Website Index is here. Please note that it may be considerably more out of date than the two indexes above.
- If you're looking for recently changed information then use the Latest Site Updates link
This is a list of site changes organised by date update. You can sort it by by title or page type.
- If you're looking for recent news then use the Latest News link
This list is displayed in date order and you can sort the items by title.
- If you know roughly when the information changed: use the Archive by month link
This is a list of changed pages, organised by month.
- If you know what the title starts with: use the Glossary link
This provides an alphabetical index of page titles.
Do you want to be told when there's new News?
Sign up to our RSS feed and news will be automatically delivered to your email inbox or News reader application. We've created a special RSS Help page for you if you're unfamiliar with this which has a number of tips to enable you to get our News feed in the way you like it best.
Facebook has tournament announcements as well as a copy of our RSS feed.
You can also get occasional news as well as discussion and comment by joining our Gotalk email list. There is also a Youth Go email list and a
Policy Discussion email list (members only).
Do you have some queries or want to use anything from this website in another website or publication?
Our website policies are described here, but our usage policy is:
1. Links to items within this website are permitted without any notification.
2. Articles and photos may be reproduced for the purpose of promoting Go and not for profit, providing that the British Go Association website is attributed as the source, together with a link to the originating material, and the permission of the webmaster has been sought and obtained in writing in advance.
3. Views expressed here are not necessarily those of the BGA, nor of the webmaster.
Last updated Tue Jul 30 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.