European Pair Go Championships
The first European Pair Go Championship (EPGC) was held in Amsterdam in 1995. Since 1997 it has been a regular event, hosted by a different country each year. So far it has been in France, Netherlands, Czechia, Bosnia, Poland and Romania. The 2005 EPGC was held at Hitachi in Maidenhead. Typically teams from about 15 countries take part. Since 2004 they have been competing for points, as well as prizes, to allow their country to qualify for the World championships.
- 1997 Amsterdam, Netherlands Results
- 1999 Cannes, France Results
- 2000 Brno, Czechia Results
- 2001 Banja Luka, Bosnia Results
- 2002 Cannes, France Results
- 2003 Wodzislaw, Poland Results
- 2004 Drobeta-Turnu Severin, Romania Results Report/pictures
- 2005 Maidenhead, UK Results
- 2006 Berlin, Germany Results
- 2007 Moscow - St Petersburg, Russia Results
- 2008 Cracow, Poland Results
- 2009 Prague, Czechia Results
- 2010 St Petersburg, Russia Results
- 2011 Istanbul, Turkey Results
- 2012 Lyon, France Results
- 2013 Amsterdam, Netherlands Results
- 2014 Hesinki, Finland Results
- 2015 Moscow, Russia Results
The official UK representatives at the EPGC are selected on a points system based on the Pair's results at the British Pair Go championships. Their results are also listed.
Pair Go at the European Go Congress
Since 1992 there has been a Pair Go Championship at the annual European Go Congress. This was usually a friendly event with handicap games and lots of entries, even though it was held on one of the days off from the main event, but in 2011 became more serious with prize money.
Scan of photo report from Dublin in 2001
Page One (252 kb) Page Two (296 kb)
Pair Go at the European Youth Go Championships 2014
During the 2014 EYGC at Bognor Regis, an informal Pair Go tournament was held. It attracted ten pairs from various countries and with a mix of ages. Results Photos
Last updated Tue Apr 25 2017. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.