We have a number of promotional booklets, leaflets and other items about Go. This page briefly describes and illustrates them.
These items are normally made available free to volunteers doing outreach work on behalf of us, which includes Go club secretaries.
They can also be made available to other people and for other uses st our discretion. In this case we may request a payment to cover our costs. If in doubt, ask our Secretary or President. Remember that our aim is “to promote interest in and the playing of the game of Go”. We will be likely to look favourably on requests that help achieve that.
You may also wish to look at some posters made by others and material produced by the European Go Cultural Center.
Some obsolete and/or outdated items can be seen here (for example Red Go Flier, Go Bookmark, Go CDROM, Canterbury 1992 Booklet).
To obtain any of the items contact our Secretary who will put you in contact with the correct stock holders.
If you need to use our logo in your literature or an article please use one on this page.
- Revised in January 2014, following a major revision in May 2012, this is an introduction to Go and us, including brief description of the rules, a membership form and a space for local club details. Also known as the Trifold Leaflet. This is the ideal size to leave in racks, for example in libraries, or as a quick answer to “what’s that game” queries. A single A4 sheet folded in three. It is available in PDF format (3.2Mb).
An introduction to the background, history and how to play Go as well as ourselves. 20 pages, A5 with a colour cover. Sometimes also called the BGA Booklet or Go Booklet. Updated and revised June 2010. It is available in PDF format (3.66MB). An online version of the Learn to Play section starts here.
- An English translation of Andreas Fecke’s excellent German original. A 16-page A6 booklet that uses cartons to explain the rules of Go. Ideal for children. Also available as online pages and in PDF format (1.2MB).
Standard version and
Club/Tournament version - with white space for your message.
- Can be used by clubs to advertise and promote meetings; organisers of tournaments and other events; or anywhere that promotional material is required. A single A3 or A4 sheet, with two options - one with white space for you to add your own wording and one without.
- Full quality images (1.4Mb):
- Vertical roll up banner approx 1.6m high (comes in a small travelling case) - picture shows it in use (top left)
- Display panels available at A4/A3/A2 sizes - Full quality images (3-8Mb)
- Revised May 2010 as an online, but printable, version.
- A5 certificate, with a spaces to write the date, student’s name, school or club, and signature of one of our representatives.
- Available as a PDF file (with two A5 certificates on one A4 sheet that needs to be cut in half) to those running introductory workshops on behalf of us.
- White A4 card certificate, with a space to write the grade.
- Available to organisers of youth and school Go clubs.
- A set of 108 red cards, 2½" by 3½", each with an easy Go problem.
- Produced by
- The EGCC.
- Out of stock
- White A4 sheets to allow the production of new copies are available.
- A card board, with sheets of black and white push-out stones.
- Produced by
- The EGCC.
- Normally only available to those teaching go.
Some Other Useful Resources for Teaching Go