British Go Congress 2020
17th - 19th April 2020, Eastwood, Near Nottingham
This year’s British Go Congress will be held at Eastwood Hall, Mansfield Road, Eastwood NG16 3SS.
In addition to playing rooms, the hotel offers restaurant and accommodation facilities.
Eastwood Hall is the old NUM East Midlands Headquarters, converted into a Conference Centre and Hotel. It is readily accessed from the M1 Junction 26 (10 minutes drive). There is plenty of free car parking on site.
The nearest railway station is Langley Mill, about 1½ miles away, but please be warned that there are NO facilities at the Station – not even a forecourt. Players coming by train are recommended to use Ilkeston, about 4 miles away, which has some facilities. Both Langley Mill and Ilkeston are served by trains between Nottingham and Sheffield, with occasional through services from London.
A range of Accommodation is available at Eastwood Hall, e.g. £65/night (single occupancy), £75/night (double occupancy), including breakfast. Please book directly with the Hotel.
We are not arranging any particular food options for Friday.
On Saturday and Sunday, a buffet lunch is included in the Congress Fee
On Saturday evening, a 3-course Congress Dinner will be held at a price of £25 (£20 if staying at the Hotel).
The British Open is a 6-round McMahon tournament, held on the Saturday & Sunday of the event (3 rounds each day).
This will be an EGF class A-rated tournament.
The British Lightning tournament is a social handicap tournament played with short time limits (~10 minutes sudden death) on the Friday evening. This tournament will not be rated.
Note: The times in the following schedule are provisional and subject to minor adjustments.
- 14:00 – 17:00 Teaching Session
- 19:00 – 22:00 British Lightning Tournament
- 09:00 – 09:45 Registration
- 10:00 – 12:30 British Open Tournament – Round 1
- 12:30 - 13:15 Lunch
- 13:15 – 15:45 British Open Tournament – Round 2
- 16:15 – 18:45 British Open Tournament – Round 3
- 19:00 – 20:00 AGM of the British Go Association
- 20:30 – 22:00 Group meal
- 09:30 – 12:00 British Open Tournament – Round 4
- 12:15 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:30 British Open Tournament – Round 5
- 15:45 – 18:15 British Open Tournament – Round 6
- 18:30 Prize-giving
- Tournament fee: £55 (£25 if under 18)
This covers the main tournament, and includes 2 lunches and tea & coffee.
- Late entry fee (after 31st March): £8
- Please add £6 if you are not a BGA member.
- Teaching session (Friday afternoon): £6 (£2 if under 18).
- Lightning Tournament : £5 (£2 if under 18).
To register for the Congress, please sign up using our online form: Enter Tournament
For any queries, please contact Matt Marsh: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07795 297779