Please send us some more jokes or other items for the fun section!
Uses of a Dead Go Stone
This comes from an article in the British Go Journal (BGJ). For the full list of 101 uses, see page 42 of BGJ number 112 (Autumn 1998).
- Door stop in a doll's house
- Spare wheel for a toy car
- Ammunition for a catapult
- Drop it down a well to measure the depth
- Use as eye for a snowman
- Weightlifting equipment for an ant
- To keep your toes apart when putting nail varnish on
- Stick under shoe to make a noise when tap-dancing
- Base for a subbuteo player
- Carry a white stone at night to be seen in the dark
... and a new one from Worcester ...
- Scrape the candle-wax from the Go board after an all-night session
A fun free program is Igowin. This is a 9x9 version of the "Many Faces of Go" commercial program. As you win or lose games against it, it keeps a rough estimate of your grade at the top right of the window.
Jokes and Silly Stuff
Q: How many Go players does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Just one, but only if the ladder works.
Q: Why did the Cyclops die?
A: Because it only had one eye.
Q: What is the best advice ever given when playing a board game?
A: Do not pass Go! (in Monopoly)
Q: Why was the 9x9 Go Ban fed up?
A: Because he was a little board!
Q: Why was playing Go on the floor allowed?
A: Because there was no Ban.
Q: What handicap did God give Moses upon Mount Sinai?
A: Two stones!
Q: Why did the Go players play Go in a thunder storm?
A: They were practising for a lightning tournament!
New Version of an Old Poem?
IIUR IIUB ICUR II4ME