Our Organisers' Handbook
The latest version of the handbook is now available.
A new section on Running Go Demonstations was added September 2013.
Please let us know of any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, or anything missing in this handbook. Further contributions are always welcome, particularly regarding successful ideas for recruitment, or new teaching events for clubs. The handbook is constantly updated to reflect current practice. Comments, contributions and suggestions should be sent to Nick Wedd, handbook at britgo.org.
The previous obsolete version is available in the following forms:
Major changes in this revised version:
- Rewrote introduction to reflect our current activities (largely taken from the website).
- Revised publicity chapter to consider internet publicity, and to include more details on holding open evenings.
- Completely revised section on teaching the rules.
- More teaching exercises in Chapter 6.
- Chapters 7 and 8, Planning and Running a Tournament, completely updated and expanded to reflect current practice and recent experience.
- New chapter (10) on good practice for producing the draw with a computer (by Geoff Kaniuk).
- Generally pulling bits of useful information from various bits of the our web site and adding it to appropriate places.