Join the British Go Association
We welcome anybody who loves the game of Go, is interested in the game or just wants to support the idea of promoting Go. Joining us connects you to a group of enthusiastic Go players and a keen and dedicated organisation. School and Youth organisations may join as a club. University clubs can get a discount when collecting BGA memberships.
What Membership Gives You
- a subscription to the printed British Go Journal, normally four times a year (Online-only members can access this online)
- a monthly electronic newsletter
- reduced entry fees for tournaments and our Online Team League
- when available, discounts on Go books, equipment and services
- entry to our teaching/training activities (including the Game Review Service)
- free entry into the DDK (Double Digit Kyu) Grand Prix
- the right to play in the British Championship and represent the UK internationally
- access to the contact details of other members in your area with the view to playing each other or forming a club
- assistance with forming a club
- promotional material
- dan recognition (dan certificates)
What Your Money Also Supports
- affiliation fees to the European Go Federation and the International Go Federation
- support of the rating system
- our promotional activities, especially for children and other young players, and external events
- help for your own promotional activities
- subsidising teaching activities for our members at all levels
- loans of sets, clocks, draw computer to tournaments
- representation of the game of Go to Government and international and sporting organisations
- public liability and loss/damage insurance for our events
What Clubs are Entitled To
- have a free entry in our online directory and map
- have their own free pages hosted on our website
- free quantities of our promotional literature
- subsidised visits for teaching purposes by dan players
- loans of sets, clocks, draw computer to tournaments
- public liability and loss/damage insurance for tournaments
- publicity for tournaments and events through the website and the newsletter
- use our free tournament registration system
- University Clubs can receive an introduction fee for recruiting new student members to our Association - see this page for more details.
Start-up Clubs are Also Entitled To
- free loans of boards and stones
- limited financial backing, e.g. guarantees for room bookings
Make a Donation
Help with our outreach to publicise Go and teach new people to play - please make a donation in addition to joining:
|Europe rate||£28 (or €32)|
|World rate||£32 (or $42)|
|Europe rate||£19 (or €23)|
|World rate||£23 (or $32)|
|Europe rate||£14 (or €16)|
|World rate||£18 (or $24)|
|Europe rate||£36 (or €43)|
|World rate||£40 (or $54)|
Multiple Year Membership
Help us reduce our administration: join for up to five years for Standard, Family or Overseas membership by paying in advance at the current rate or by paying by direct debit which will automatically renew your membership every year.
Online submission: Fill in and submit this form and make your online payment.
Offline: Fill in this form and print it (use the "Printer-friendly version"), or use the form in our membership flyer if you have one, and send it with your payment to:- Chris Kirkham BGA Membership Secretary 201 Kentmere Road, Altrincham, WA15 7NT
Please pay (see below) and if your details are unchanged that's all you need to do!
If some of your details have changed then fill in this form.
Payment MethodsWe offer a number of different methods, as follows (these are given in order of preference)
- Direct Debit
We use a third party, GoCardless to run our Direct Debit system. GoCardless is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, with registration number 597190. All payments are covered by the "Direct Debit Guarantee".
Please click here to give permission for GoCardless, working on behalf of the BGA, to collect Direct Debits from your Bank Account. You will receive an email giving you 3 days warning that your subscription is about to be taken. If you bank with Natwest, HSBC, or Nationwide, your bank statement will only say “GoCardless Ltd” or “GoCardless.com”. The reason for this is that these three banks choose to ignore the full references provided to them. Sorry. If you are with any other bank, your bank statement will show the reference "GOCARDLESS.COM, ref: BRITISHGOASS-Q55GC".
Please note that GoCardless will require you to provide a valid address.
We will assume that you are paying the standard amount (currently £24/year) unless you tell us otherwise by emailing the Treasurer. Your subscription will continue to be renewed annually unless you inform us otherwise.
- Debit/Credit Card :
We use PayPal to manage our debit/credit card payments.
Please click on the "Pay Now" button below to pay by credit/debit card.
If you have a PayPal account, you may send the payment direct to us without using a credit/debit card. Please send your payment to the PayPal account email@example.com and email the appropriate information to the Membership Secretary.
- By Electronic/Bank Transfer: contact the Membership Secretary for our bank details.
We do not publish them online for security reasons.
- Post: Send Sterling (UKP/GBP) cheques or drafts, made payable to British Go Association, to the Membership Secretary at the Membership Enquiries address.
This rate applies to people who are under-18
This rate entitles up to two adults and any number of children at the same UK address to join at a reduced rate - you receive one copy per issue of the British Go Journal.
This rate applies to people who are studying full-time at an approved educational establishment, and people receiving Job Seeker’s/Disability Living Allowance, Pension Credit, or Universal Credit.
If you are a member of an approved University (or other college) Go Club please make this clear as the club may be entitled to a rebate: such clubs can receive an introduction fee for recruiting new student members to our Association.
This is an online-only membership which does not include printed copies of the British Go Journal.
This rate is available to people who are resident in the UK. It includes printed copies of the British Go Journal.
This rate is available to people who are resident in Europe. It includes printed copies of the British Go Journal.
This rate is available to people who are not resident in the UK or Europe. It includes printed copies of the British Go Journal.